Nancy

> However, I've not seen yet any practical
> application except a mention of its use in partical
> physics--analyzing the tracks particles make in whatever the
> modern equivalent is of cloud chambers.

At first sight I did not see practical use until I read the remark above: I
still have a challenge to tension the virtual threads, the paths of the
threads should be shortend to as straight as possible within the complex
contraints. Until now I was just thinking about Bezier analysis. But I'm
afraid the math of both might be beyond my rusty math experience.

Jo