Addi lace needles first release had a finish that tarnished and was more
"grippy." They re-did the finish but I find they still do leave a greyed tinge
to light colors.  It often isn't obvious until you work for a bit on white or
a pastel, and you can see the initial portion is a dirtied color.  They also
have a smell, which fades to some degree after use.  Their tips and weight are
ideal for lace (and often regular knitting with yarns that aren't too
"splitty.")  They are typically much cheaper in Europe than the US, as Thomas
Selter makes them and distributes them in Europe, but Skacel distributes them
for Selter in NA, so the added price along with exchange rate, shipping,
market will bear a higher price here, etc.
I have used the Kollage needles and they are kind of fun.  They do tend to be
a softer metal and are a higher price than quality comps.  I called Kollage
asking if they would make a 00 as I find I get a looser gauge with them, and
since I do a lot of fine work, would need the smaller needle.  They were
considering it, but I personally doubt it, as the metal is "softer" than other
needles.
I gave up on them as I didn't like the square ridge, which seemed unnatural,
but there are many who adore them.  They bothered my hands, and fingers, esp.,
though I don't knit tightly.  It is interesting to me that some find they get
tighter gauge, unless they are working with a very "springy" yarn, as most
yarns would create a circumference that is equal to the outside corners of the
square, which is why I felt I got larger gauge.  They are well marked, as if I
remember correctly, a typical needle gauge doesn't work for them, but memory
could have lapsed on that part, and my needles are not accessible now.
I really enjoy rosewood needles for lace also, but they don't come in the long
lengths.   Inox teflon coat are a nice and reasonably priced option, but I
don't think the long lengths are very accessible.  I used to get boxes of them
from Beehive in Canada, which used to have a very reasonable price and when in
doubt, they always fit the bill.  They are like the old Aero needles, which I
search out in the UK regularly, as they originals of decades ago were so well
made.
Best,Susan Reishus
***
I've been working a lace shawl for several months with the Addi Turbo
lace needles, and I haven't noticed any color coming off...

I've recently discovered a relatively new needle made by Kollage that
have the most flexible cable of any I've tried, and the shaft of the
needles is square (the points are still rounded).  Their package says,
"Yes, they really are easier on your hands!  Handcrafted to our exacting
standards, Kollage's square knitting needles are designed to be
ergonomically suited to your hands..."
Clay