Nathalie

I am sure that if someone contacts Santina Levey she will be able to provide more information about the picture on the front of her book although I am not sure where she is nowadays. The information on the inside cover of the book says 'Van Meytens, Portrait of the Empress Maria Theresa of Austria - by courtesy of Stad Ghent - Dienst Monumentenzorg en Stadsarchaeologie'. Maybe someone can give further information on this. I will say that the book is well worth having, although probably now out of print, I am sure that second hand copies will crop up from time to time. Although a painting is not a photograph, they can provide valuable information as often lace does not survive the course of time.

I hope that someone can maybe trace where the photograph is.

Maureen
East Yorkshire UK (where it is damp and the warm weather of the last few days is about to change to colder weather)