Sad news.
According to the Belgian newspapers the Kantcentrum in Brugge has ceased
trading (or maybe limited trading -I don't know the Belgian procedures).
So no lace summer school, no Kant magazine....

During half term (2 weeks ago) I was in Brugge and visited Kantcentrum. I visited the museum, went in the church and were told that the ladies still did the demonstrating in the afternoons. The shop is still open and I bought a lovely book by Brigitte Bellon on new Christmas decorations called Neue Weihnachts - Kloppelmuster.

When I was in the shop I was chatting to the lady about another lace museum that I had visited in Brugge 5 years ago. I was told that it had been run by the local council and had since been closed down but she didnt say anything to me about them closing down.

Anne Nicholas
Middx
England