The recent posts about Flanders sounded interesting.  I only know Bucks
Point so I know nothing about adding two pairs at a time to clothwork.  What
is the name of a book I can get that will teach me Flanders or a similar lace?
In English or at worst multi-lingual with English one of the languages.

  Right now I am working on Rita Thierpondt's "Mechlin I" packet.  I thought
Mechlin was in the Flanders family, but so far the ground has only used 2
pairs--Mechlin ice ground--so pairs have been entering and leaving the
clothwork one at a time.  I'm only on the third exercise, though, so maybe
things change in the later exercises.  So far it has all been soothingly
similar to Bucks Point except that the weaver enters and leaves the clothwork
instead of passive pairs and thread have to makresharp right angles when a
passive turns into a weaver or vice versa.  Oh, and apparently the ground is
evil or contagious or something because no pair can go directly from clothwork
into ground (or vice versa) so the clothwork is surrounded by a thin ring of
guardian non-ground stitches.  You'd think a big solid gimp would be enough
protection, but, no,  gimp and barrier ring are both present.

Julie in Laurel MD