From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of Gray,
Alison J
Sent: 27 January 2010 12:35
To: 'lace@arachne.com'
Subject: [lace] Query about putting beads on lace

Hi everyone

I've been playing about over the last few weeks with different shaped motifs
in bobbin lace.  Having found one that I liked I decided to make it again and
add some beads.  I put these on using a crochet hook and drawing one thread of
a pair through the bead and threading the other bobbin through the loop as in
a sewing.  Of course, when I took the lace off the pillow the beads were now
on the 'wrong' side of the lace.  I have been wondering, is there a way to put
beads on a piece of lace so that they end up on the 'right' side of the lace
without sewing them on afterwards?

Alison in cold, dull Essex UK (although the sun did shine earlier on making us
feel so much better)