Mark
The defining element of the King Christian type of design is the snaking
trail, typically in the shape it has in your lace.  The trail is worked in the
Cluny manner, not the Beds manner:  pairs enter and pass through the trail,
instead of being stored in the trail. There is usually a cloth or half stitch
spot filling the area inside the trail, just like yous.   Unfortunately I
don't have any pictures.  I do have Doris Southard's book, the hardcover first
edition. And she does have a photo on page 192.  There are several versions of
the design.  I've been meaning to work one for 30 years and just never got
around to it.
Lorelei