Its always interesting to see new uses for lace in fashion - traditional or
extravagant.
Check out the BRIT AWARDS, held in London about a week ago. I wouldn't normally
take much notice of them, but the newspaper pictures made me investigate
further.

Most extraordinary was LADY GAGA, who arrived looking almost Venetian, in a
huge wig, a lace face mask and an all-enveloping white cloak which came off to
reveal a body stocking encrusted with just enough lace to preserve her decency
(if not her modesty!).

Rather more demure was PIXIE LOTT, who wore an elegant little-black-dress with
lace sleeves and a pretty lace fill-in at the neck.

Several of the other stars wore lace sleeves, overskirts, etc.  mostly black.

At first glance LILY ALLEN appeared to be wearing a big red collar in lace, but
a close-up showed that it was actually beaded, but none the less striking for
that.

So there you have the latest trends.  For images, Google BRIT AWARDS 2010.

Bridget, in Middlesex, where it is still raining...