In message <000801cac9a4$2c251e10$0301a...@salex>, Alex Stillwell <alexstillw...@talktalk.net> writes
Jane was happy for me to include her snowflakes in my book: I ws impressed by
the design. But,  Oops! it's a case of not reading the original directions
accurately and doing my own thing - not intentionally Jane.

To be fair, the only "original direction" that Alex had access to before publication of her book was the pricking as published in Lace 104 (October 2001) and not written out as to the method of working. Without the lace or close up photographs to examine it would be difficult to see how I'd solved the problem - which just goes to show that there is more than one way and everyone tackles problems differently! You'll have to wait until it goes into the Gazette to see how I did it, though!

--
Jane Partridge