I'm just finishing the book, Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas, a romance
novel set in the mid 1800s.  The main character brings some gifts from the
country back to friends in London, and one of the items she brings is bobbin
lace.  (near the end of the novel, for those who might want to know).  This
novel is the third in a series that includes Seduce Me at Sunrise and Mine
Till Midnight, but this is the only one so far to mention lace.  You don't
have to read the previous two in the series to enjoy this one, but I enjoy all
of this author's works!

Annie