I went searching for a leaf pattern to try out the Lime Sherbert
Blendables Sulky thread, and really didn't find what I was looking
for.  So I drew one up and worked on this last night

http://www.tat-man.net/bobbinburg/BLgallery/HS_leaf.jpg

It
measures 3.7cm(1 7/16th inches).  I think it turned out ok. This will
become a pendent of some sort.  I might do something different if I
did it again.   I used 6 pairs to make the HS area and then
worked two rows of CS in the tight area at the bottom of the leaf.
Then worked the other side like the first.  I didn't attach the
middle with sewings because I wasn't sure how to go about it, being that
it was a HS edge not WS edge.  So after I finished the leaf I
whipstitched the hole in the middle and it created a ribbing
effect.   After making the stem I joined it to the leaf and then
braided the rest of the thread and attached it to the other side of the
leaf.
Any suggestions on how to work this kind of pattern any
better would be appreciated.  This is one of many first trials as I
try to design things myself.  So I use what knowledge I have and
resouces and figure things out as I go. ;)

--
Mark, aka
Tatman