Like others, I am looking forwarding to hearing what classes I got for this
summer and also to meeting other Arachne at the lunch.  I picked up a cute
raffle prize for the lunch last week.  You will have to attend to see what it
is ;-}

I also wrote to the 2011 and 2012 convention hosts asking them to try to keep
the cost of the luncheon down, as I know some people did not attend last year
because of the expense.  I think our numbers were down in 2009 because the
California meals were so expensive.  I also did not want future hosts to think
that $35 is an acceptable price for a lunch. Portland is charging the same as
last year.  I know we have had restaurant meals for a lot less.  I know they
are providing us with a room for our meal which saves us trying to find a local
restaurant that can accommodate a large number for lunch, but our costs may
help them with their food budgets.  If you belong to the future host groups
please ask them to try and keep costs down so that everyone can attend.  We
don't need caviar and champagne, just good value for money.

Off my soapbox now,
Janice

P.S.   Got my Bulletin today and read another good article by Devon.  Still
have to read the one by Tamara.
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org