I have verified that this piece is Teneriffe.
Is there any way to decide what the fabric is without destroying the
piece?
It feels like silk but could be a high quality linen. Suggestions?
The piece is in perfect condition other than the 'age spots'.
Thanks for all the help.
Bobbi

Teneriffe in Japan just after WWII makes me think that it wasn't Japanese
made.
The thought came to me that it might be pina cloth from the Phillipines
which will NOT take getting wet.  Having a Spanish colonial background, it
could have been made there.  Pina cloth is sheer and shiny and has very fine
threads.

Patty Dowden