>>>I got my letter from the  Portland IOLI convention<<<

Lucky people, I will have to wait another week or more to hear how my luck
runs!!  Mail takes 7 - 10 days to get here.

Anyway, my UK Lace magazine arrived yesterday (Friday), so I still have some
of that to read!

I have just finished a 2 day demonstration, which is a bit tiring, but the
lace caused quite a lot of interest.

I had my little travel pillow with me, and I was working on a piece of Early
Lace from the Rosemary Shepherd book.  It is a spiky edge, like the edge on
a ruff, - and it is looking SO nice.  I love these Elizabethan laces, but I
am working it as Rosemary says, -  with only a few pins, so I am finding it
a whole new "Gee Up" to my tensioning, which may have got a bit sloppy over
the years!

Windmill Crossings without a pin in the middle has caused me to stop and
think, - which can't be All bad!!! :)   So I have had 2 days of lacemaking
(and talking!!), and have enjoyed seeing this new piece of lace gradually
come off the pillow as I worked.  I have 6 heads finished.

Regards from Liz in Melbourne,  Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com