carrying  pillows around

I think this is what Mum first used when she started going to BL classes in
Oz in the mid 70's, before she made a bag for her pillow.<<<<<

Yes, and I soon made a proper bag!!! :)

I was going to a demonstration, and we had a station wagon at that time,
with the back window that wound down, before opening the tail gate.

The pillow was tied into an old tablecloth, and as I lifted it out through
the window of the car, I caught the leading edge of the pillow on the closed
tail gate.

Over it went, - upside down on the dirty road.  -- and, of course, I had Not
pinned down the bobbins, had I?!!!

It took the whole couple of hours I was supposed to be demonstrating to
untangle them all!!!  Luckily there were other lacemakers there, to show
people how it lace  is Really  made.!!!

So I learned a Big lesson that day, - pin down the bobbins, - and make a
proper bag to carry it all in!!!!!

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz, where winter is not far away.
lizl...@bigpond.com