For some unknown reason, I've lost my red button link on BBC1 and BBC2 on my TV. Don't know if it's there for BBC3 and BBC4 because they don't start broadcasting until 7 pm. I wanted to have a look at the news headlines rather than being bored by News 24, so I changed to the Parliament channel and there was my red button link.

The debate going on in the House of Commons was supposed to be about the Queen's speech, but, when I switched to the Parliament channel, the MP for Tiverton and Honiton was saying how beautiful Honiton lace is. He also mentioned John Heathcote's lace manufactory in Tiverton, Devon, saying that he'd moved his business from Loughborough to Tiverton after the factory was attacked by Luddites. What that had to do with the Queen's speech, I don't know, but it was nice to hear lace being mentioned in a place it wouldn't normally be.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK