I have used various 'box' materials for backing my photo copied prickings,
which I then cover with sticky film.  Great especially if you know you will be
using in repeatedly.

Lorri F  -Washington State, USA, where it has been raining off and on all
week.  I NEED SOME SUN!!!

   Now a question--has anyone used a cereal box as an inexpensive alternative
for pricking card?  While I was crushing that big box of Special K, I suddenly
realized that I had just scrunched something thicker than a manila folder &
thinner than cardboard.
  Sigh.
  Susan in Erie, PA on the day after the sunset cruise on Lake Erie