From: jeria...@aol.com
To: lace@arachne.com
Sent: Sunday, August 8, 2010 6:45:35 PM
Subject: [lace] Knotting Instructions

For years, I searched for good knotting instructions.  Then a book was
published (which I reviewed on Arachne) containing instructions and lovely
photographs.

Go to your local library and ask for the Interlibrary Loan  Service.  Order
the following book:

"18th Century Embroidery Techniques" by Gail Marsh, ISBN 1-86108-476-5,
Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd., 2006.  Pages 168-171 give 4
pages of pictures and instructions for Knotting.

You may still be able to buy the book.

Three years ago, I saw a bedspread of this couched knotting on a bed  in a
house museum in Bath, England.  Period examples do exist!!!

Go to _http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html_
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html)   and enter in search
box:
18th Century Embroidery Techniques - for the book  review.

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center