Sue wrote: "I found an advert for a clamp on one which would do, but would
prefer something I can maybe pin to my pillow, so wonder what others in the
UK use?"

I have a couple of booklights which work very well and aren't too large or heavy. One was from my sister, Jacquie, and came from the UK. It has a clip on the base so I put a piece of card through the clip and then pin the card to the pillow. I have a second one, which is smaller, but works just as well. The advantage is that you can bend them to exactly where you want.

Malvary in Ottawa where the weather has moderated a little and it is only 28c today