Wow...three inches!! That would be intimidating for a person to see...and
think...I couldn't do that...and won't even try. And the state pays someone to
demonstrate that!! I didn't know that. I am learning alot here. I still say
simple is better and less scary. I have also domonstrated laces of bobbins and
tatting. I hear the word "Patience" alot. Or I couldn't do that. But I think
simple like snakes where you are showing the basic stitches is good. The two
pair patterns of Tamara's shows you don't have to have alot of supplies and all
you have to know is how to braid...using just two pairs of bobbins. I do think
that most girls know how to braid their hair. Braiding in bobbinlace still
shows
the basic movements in bobbinlace. I think seeing something small, and less
intimadating being worked on a pillow demostrating lace would be better. You
can
 also have a finished piece of  finished lace, and, or a pillow with something
started on it that is more complicating to look at to show an observer what can
be done.
   When I demonstrate I don't show off. I can't for one, being I am what I
would
call a novice lacer. I have to refer to a book alot still. I also don't lace
fast. Going fast means people just see a blur and nothing else. I am not an
expert and don't try to show that I am.
   Right now I am back to working on the Thistle bookmark design of Jean
Leader. This is something I only work on at home. I am doing it in black
with gold metallic threads. IT is giving me fits...for I really think this
peice
of lace is above and beyond me...but I have not given up on it ( one part of my
personallity is determination)...and am still plugging away on it. If I ever
get
it finished I will be so happy and give many sighs of relief thinking...I DID
IT!! BY GOSH...LOL
 Wind To Thy Wings,
Sherry
celticdreamwe...@yahoo.com