Your instructions are very well explained, Rebecca.  I use the same method,
just with the following comments:

I use .38 Tiger Tail beading wire, bought through eBay in 100m rolls very
cheaply (also my crimps).  I find buying shorter lengths in bead shops far
too expensive.

I use gold seed beads between my regular beads for spangles (to match gold
crimps), and thread my beads on the wire:  seed bead, 4mm bead, seed, crimp,
6mm bead, seed, 8mm bead, seed, 6mm bead, crimp, seed, 4mm bead, seed.
Once both ends have been crossed through the bobbin hole, the ends are then
threaded through the beads until they are through the 6mm bead before I
crush the crimps and cut off them off.

I use a pair of surgical haemostat clamps to hold one end of the cut wire in
turn while I manipulate the other.  And I have a lovely beading mat to lay
out my beads first, made from some thick cord sandwiched between two squares
of fabric, with a ridge of cord around the four sides, then machine stitched
in the ditches.

I love spangling!

Noelene in Cooma
nlaffe...@ozemail.com.au