Thanks, Eve, for adding Mr. Gates first name!! He is definitely the one, and they are wonderful bobbins.

Thanks also for the additional names!

Clay

On 10/1/2010 8:57 AM, Eve Morton wrote:

I believe they were made by Harry Gates, Shirley's husband.

I am also enjoying this thread. To add more names to the list, I also have bobbins made by:

John Platt, wood and bone, UK (now deceased)
Richard Ives, wood, UK
Geoff Mudge, wood and bone, UK
Loricraft, wood painted with floral designs, UK (retired)
Tom Chip of Extreme Woodturning, UK (don't know if it is his real name!)
Jean Turner UK

Also bobbin painters:
Jan Gardiner of Lacewing UK
Cheryl Blackham, who has painted The Lace Guild's commemorative bobbins, UK

Eve
Poole, Dorset, UK
http://www.cyberlink.co.uk/pblc/

arachne.modera...@gmail.com