We can add the late Mr. Le Grande, Vancouver BC, who turned many many
bobbins of the same midlands style for sale to lacemakers in the BC
Lace Clubs of the time - c. 1970 through 1990 maybe? Perhaps someone
from the area could refine the information. I've forgotten his first
name. The bobbins are distinctive in shape, multipurpose. I learned BL
with some, then had my first lessons in Honiton with them, unspangled.
(admittedly I soon found the real Honiton bobbins were much better).
I still use those I bought for lace lessons back in 1987.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada