This is true.  Normally you just hold the thread end in place as you wind.
My exception is that I wind too little of thread(the frugal part in me) and
I am always running to the end of the thread, but just enough to finish the
small project.  That is why I did that.  I can show the optional method as
well.  No problem! :)

Thanks for checking it out.

Not sure who made the one and only bobbin hook that I have.  It is the
bottom half of a bobbin and then has a retractable hook to hold the thread
end as you finish up a project.  I got it from Susuan Groh of Unique
Expressions.  Haven't had the chance to use it yet!
--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net