And I would call that a very smart exception to the rule!!

Clay

On 10/8/2010 4:13 PM, C Johnson wrote:
Hi All,

I tie my thread on my bobbins, for three reasons.

*       Demonstrating at my favorite park (Goose Lake Prairie State Natural
Area) in Morris, Illinois, I am sometimes in the Cragg Cabin.  That cabin
has cracks in the floor between the floor boards and if I drop a bobbin or a
tool for that matter, it is gone.
*       Working on my deck in the summer, my deck has cracks between the
boards, and if I drop a bobbin, it is hard to retrieve it.
*       Demonstrating anytime, anywhere; I hate to put my butt in the air,
looking for my bobbins, (all right stop laughing! :-)) so I prefer to pull
my bobbin back into play by the thread, kind of like the fishing line.

Tying on just makes sense for me.

Susie
Susie
Susie Johnson, Vice President and Newsletter Editor
Member L.A.C.E., I.O.L.I., Arachne List
Morris, Illinois
cjohnson0...@comcast.net
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org