The hackle pliers that I have seen in fishing supply stores don't fill the bill
for me as neatly and inexpensively as the "Mini Test Clip Adapters" that can be
bought at Radio Shack (in the U S and perhaps elsewhere at electronic supply
houses).  They come two to a package for about $3.50.  The part number is
270-334.  You can see them on line at radioshack.com and enter the name  or the
part number in the search bar.  They are over two and a half inches long and
about the same diameter as a bobbin.  I manage mine as is, but an extension is
easily added be inserting a short dowel in the non- working end.

Tess (tess1...@aol.com)in Maine USA, where we are promised our first frost of
the season tonight.