This is interesting. Aren't these all areas where spangles are NOT used today?
Christa
Virginia, USA

From: "Ilske Thomsen" <ilske-peter-thom...@t-online.de>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:19 AM
To: "Arachne Arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Subject: Re: [lace] First spangles

Hello David,
there excist spangled bobbins in Denmark. I found one a bundle of them in a Antiquariat in Berlin. And the lady told me they were from Harz mountain in Germany. I could later send you a picture privately. In the book "Klöppel, Kissen, Ständer" from DKV on page you see some for Denmark on page180/181, 186/187. It'a another way to put the pearls on the bobbins. In the same book on page 142/143 you see bobbins from Slovakia "spangled" with little pieces done from the same wood as the bobbin itself.

Greetings
Ilske

arachne.modera...@gmail.com