Hello All!  I posted photos of my finished Japanese fan to
www.hand-dyedfibers.com, where I purchased the handles last summer.  It's in
the gallery section & the CQ side features some vintage lace that I purchased
from The Lace Guild stash that Sue Dane brought to summer school.  When vintage
lace was discussed awhile back I neglected to mention this resource for
collecting or re-purposing.  The guild has small bits of lots of interesting
stuff & it is reasonably priced.  I decided to try designing a bobbin lace
piece for my other handle but I will need "technical assistance" from more
experienced lacy friends!  One has already sent grid paper & doesn't want to
hear any excuses <G>.  Maybe I'll be inspired by sashiko motifs, although a
dragon would be way cool.  Hmmm.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA where it's
50* & sunny