Unfortunately Ebay doesn't care. They will assist the police in a legitimate investigation, but anything else is 'buyer beware'. They aren't in the business of policing millions of transaction. I think in the beginning they used to take things like this more seriously, but not now. And yes, I had some bad moments about this - afterall, he could easily tell where I lived. But in the end you have to make a judgement call, and my call was to let it lie. So in the future, if anyone finds me dead with a piece of Chantilly lace around my neck, please look about 2 years ago in Arachne, and you will find all the evidence.
Laurie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Zammit Manduca" <kaza...@melita.com>
To: "'Laurie Waters'" <lswaters...@comcast.net>; <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:07 AM
Subject: RE: [lace] Correspondence on some bobbins on eBay

Couldn't you have made a formal report to eBay about this person Laurie.
After all trying to sell machine made stuff and pass it off as handmade
probably amounts to fraud if it is done repeatedly. If it is a one-off thing it could be called a 'mistake' but not if it is done all the time. There are
also consumer protection laws that would put the person out of business as
well.
Karen in Malta