Rosemary Shepherd was awarded the Order of Australia many years ago for her
services to lace.

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
Linda Walton
Sent: Saturday, 1 January 2011 11:32 AM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Kitty Mason, MBE

On 31/12/2010 13:09, Jane Partridge wrote:
> I think we should all congratulate Kitty Mason who has been awarded an
> MBE in the New Year's Honours List for "Services to Lace Making".
[snip]

Is it a first?
(That is, that someone has received an honour for something to do with lace
- making it, teaching it, whatever.)

A very happy new year to everyone,
Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.
where we've just noticed that the airliners lining up to land at Heathrow
have been recognising the New Year by flying with their landing lights on -
more than a dozen orange fireflies drifting through the night sky!).