Is it possible some of it could bew Hardanger - especially in the breakfast
room?

-----Original Message-----
From: bev walker <walker.b...@gmail.com>
Sender: owner-l...@arachne.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:24:46
To: Clive & Betty Rice<dol...@verizon.net>
Cc: <lace@arachne.com>
Subject: Re: [lace] Lace at St Louis Botanical Gardens

They look crocheted at first glance but if you zoom in the structure
resembles a needlelace, or drawn thread work on the first one. Sun
lace or macramé lace perhaps? The lace looks like it is part of the
tablecloth fabric, rather than being attached? The large-scale pointy
trim resembles network.
Just a guess, the detail isn't clear on my screen.

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west
coast of Canada