Here is a link to Butter Paper, which Jane referenced:

http://www.amolpaper.com/ButterPaper.html
(The bar across the top of the site, lists and describes other papers, which I
assume are accessible through them, but I would guess in commercial/industrial
quantities.)  It appears that there are more paper options in Europe, AU and
NZ,
for novelties.

I note that it's apparent other name is Vegetable Parchment Paper.  Some
compare it to US baking parchment paper is stiffer (often used in place of
greasing a pan when baking for ease of cleaning, and when grease is detrimental
to the food item, such as meringues, and to hold up collars of souffles, and so
forth.)   Of course, writing parchment paper varies considerably (and wouldn't
be food grade).   This, most all know, but in case one does not.  :)

Jane also referenced off-list, Freezer Paper, which is heavy paper with one
side
plastic lined (typically used as a barrier when freezing to avoid freezer burn
or keep tastes out.  It is also popular in quilting, cut as a template and
ironed onto the backside of an applique, then removed when the applique is
nearly finished being stitched down.)   I suppose you could prick it through
your design, or hopefully draw the design on with indelible ink, as I don't
think the ink, nor the heat, from a printer would work.

Best,
Susan Reishus