Pat T wrote:

<First is the adhesive appears to collect on the pins.
Second, when placing a pin, the pin will catch on the plastic and feel like
a hole when there isn't one.
Third, with sewings both my eye-out and my crochet hooks have ended up
between the film and the manila card.>

I find it depends on the plastic and the adhesive on it.

(1) With the clear shiny plastic, the adhesive sticks to the pins. With the matt blue sold by lace suppliers, it doesn't. (2) The clear plastic seems softer and the holes do tend to close up. The matt blue is harder and they don't. (3) Possibly because manila card is soft and fibrous, the plastic doesn't stick as well and will allow the plastic to lift. It sticks firmly to the harder shiny pricking card and doesn't lift. I use a lazy susan rather than crochet hook anyway.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK