From: owner-l...@arachne.com [mailto:owner-l...@arachne.com] On Behalf Of
AGlez
Sent: Saturday, 22 January 2011 8:15 AM
To: Arachne
Subject: Re: [lace] Cipke - type of bobbinlace?

Hello Mark,

I think that you were doing the same than me: googling for Lepoglava.
Lepoglava is in Croatia. "Cipke" means lace in many Slovak languages.

Have a look at this interesting video about this the lace in Lepoglava.
Scrolling down the page you will see the huge dome pillow. I suppose they
are doing a kind of "lace marathon"... all lacing at the same time in a big
project...

http://www.croatianhistory.net/etf/lace.html

Thanks to Laurie Waters for the information in your blog. Although I don't
buy lace antiques, I love looking at them and, if I like them, try to find
out something more about them. And this is the case of Lepoglava lace.

Best regards,

Antje Gonzalez, from Spain.

arachne.modera...@gmail.com