Dot Goetsch is having problems with her e-mail and asked me to forward this
request to you kind souls.
Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.

Dear Spiders,

I am needing some help with threads.

I am wanting to  work on a Bayeau lace piece in the Book La Dentelle de
Bayeau by Mick Fouriscot and Mylene Salvador. Unfortunately I am only
english speaking and am following the instructions only by the diagrams.

  The thread called for is 'coton egyptien n [small degree o] 80' and a
gimp of 'cordon de lin n[small degree o] 18/3' which is fairly easy to
decipher, but when I look at egyptian cotton in Brenda's book find it
written as 80/2. Will this be the same as the former, or what would be
the thread count for a substitute?

Thanks

Dot Goetsch
Port Elizabeth
South Africa

Where our drought continues while the rest of the country is having more
than enough rain. (Not here - we are dying of heat :-)  Jeanette)