> As we watch the tragedy of  Japan unfolding please can I use this media to
> show love and support to all who are suffering.
> With telephones not operating the internet has been a wonderful way of
> communicating with family and friends and there may be Arachne members out
> there who can reach us.
> Arachne and our love of lace has taught us that today the world is so small.
> Many of us will have our own family members in Japan and will be sharing a
> little of the shock.
> I am sure we should all wish to support them.

I would like to second this. Having family and friends in Japan, this
hits much closer to home. I am very grateful for the luck my family
and friends have experienced as they are all in good health. Seeing
the tragedy on my computer and television screen, I feel exceptionally
saddened that so many people are suffering. It feel surreals as I walk
the safe streets and realize at the other end of the world people are
suffering immensely. At times I even feel guilty. In one day their
life turned around. How do you recover from such tragedy?

Let us stop and realize how lucky we all are.
Much love
Nathalie