Hello Pat,

This is Russell Montgomery from Corpus Christi.  I am a former member of the
Austin Lacemakers.  I believe there is a copy of *Colouring Diagrams by Vera
Cockuyt* in the guild's library.  It might have disappeared when we lost
several books due to theft.  If not, let me know and I should be able to get
into the room where my lace books are kept and I can loan it to the guild.

I thought I wrote an article previously on the subject on Arachne and lucked
out when I tried a search and found it.  It summarizes the information from
Vera's book.  I hope it helps.  The URL is
http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/msg02930.html

One of the questions that Vera answered for me is what stitch do you make
when two different types of stitches come together.  The answer is always
the stronger stitch.  In case of a whole stitch (CTCT) joing a cloth stitch
(CTC) then you use the whole stitch.  Same as a cloth stitch (CTC) meeting a
half stitch (CT), then use the cloth stitch.

Hope that helps.

Russell Montgomery
Now in Corpus Christi, Texas where it is sunny and 80 F.