"I am wondering if there is any reason to be concerned about continuing to use
the (fiberglass stuffed) pillow..."

Being on digest, this may have been responded to already.  My father is a
general contractor, so I am aware of the danger of fiberglass.  Even if worked
with, they minimally (even 50 years ago) would wear long sleeves, thick gloves,
masks, and goggles, and make sure to shower soon thereafter.  Though their
exposure is more than working with a lace pillow where it is "contained," the
fine fibers leak and go everywhere.  Think of how you aren't aware of dust in
the air, but when the sun comes through the window, one sees it is abundant.

Just as you would be careful about asbestos, or worry about a sliver of glass
entering the body and bloodsteam (and going to the heart, etc.), one should
think similarly of fiberglass.  Your health risk, or even the cost of the
medical care one would need (and I am not sure what they can really do for you,
after all), makes the price of the pillow seem trivial.

Google "fiberglass dangers" or any similar terms, and you will be surprised at
how much disconcerting information there is out there.  Not only are you
puncturing the pillow, but you are leaning over it, breathing.    I cannot even
fathom that one would make a pillow of that kind of content.  Even if I laid
eyes on a roll of fiberglass, I was told to never go near it, and somehow did
or
had to, to try not to breathe, then go home and immediately remove and
quarantine my clothes and shower; then wash my clothes separate from other
things and often two cycles.

Best,
Susan Reishus
www.SusanReishusDesigns.com