Hi Arachnids

In the article about Honiton lace the sentence  "Honiton lace is worked on a
"demonstration pillow" filled with barley straw." is correct.  I made my first
Honiton pillow before polystyrene pillows were available and the instructions
were to stuff it with barley straw. I still have it and use it. Barley straw
was the most favoured filling for pillows because the nodes, the lumps in the
stem of the stalk where the leaves are joined on, are not as hard as they are
in other types of straw and do not cause problems when inserting pins.

Keep lacemaking

Alex