To: "Alex Stillwell" <alexstillw...@talktalk.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:57 AM
Subject: Re: [lace] Honiton pillow

Exactly! We use demo pillows here, too. The reporter seemed to think Honiton lace is made on demonstration pillows.

take care,
Robin

Hi Robin

Many lacemakers here in UK use 'demonstration pillows'. These are ones that we have set up often with a suitably simple pattern using fairly thick thread and cheap bobbins that we use just for demonstrating at lace fairs etc. I think
the reporter may have misinterpreted what she heard.