Hello All!  What a fun time at the Pittsburgh Folk Festival yesterday!  The
Pittsburgh Lace Group put on a nice display & as a member I sat in on the
festivities.  Amy brought her tree covered with lace Easter eggs, plus lots of
samples of her work & her roller pillow.  Dewi, Margot & I brought various
projects & explained our work to many visitors.  I was pleased that so many
took turns at the "try it" pillow--several inches were added to the ugly
bandage!  It will be cut off the pillow at the end of the season & be used as a
garland on the PLG Christmas tree.  Lots of literature was distributed & a lady
from Lithuania & one from Ukraine hope to visit us again on a regular meeting
night.  During the lunch break, I took a tour of the booths & found some
students from Turkey selling Oya & other handcrafted items.  I posted a photo
on webshots of the adorable "cherries" that I purchased.  Then at the Scotland
booth, I found a lady making woven lace on a loom.  Very interesting
 stuff:  she had woven a huge sampler as well as decorating her nationality
costume with pieces of her work.  Note to self--take a camera next year!  Of
course the food/drink, music & entertainment were a blast as well.  I wanted to
share some scissor eye candy I saw online at the French Needle.  Usual
disclaimers!  Lisa has posted up some new ones made in Nogent--exquisite
handles with price tags to match, moan.  Still free to peek though!  Sincerely,
Susan Hottle, Erie, PA where we've had monsoons all day, the rain gauge is
full--over 6 inches today & Walnut Creek near our home looks like chocolate
milk with white cap waves