On May 27, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Jane O'Connor wrote:

> Thanks for the many ideas and books to look into for numbers.
>
> Lots to choose
> from now and all seem to be perfect.

I'm late to the table, as usual (life interferes) but a few more ideas: Ulrike
Löhr's: "ABC" (self-published, in 1999) has numbers, placed on a 45deg angle.
Sally Barry's "Flower Grounds in Point Ground Lace" (self published, 2008) has
numbers, too, IIRC. I can't seem to lay my hands on the volume to check but, as
I remember it, the numbers are "reverse", that is empty spaces, set in PG
Ground. Sally's website:
http://www.gis.net/~scbarry/index.html

And, why not blow my own trumpet, since you only want a 50... I had a pattern
for a five and a zero -- Russian tape, with raised gimp; individual numbers,
not "grounded" -- published in the IOLI Bulletin vol. 23 #3 (Spring 2003), when
IOLI was celebrating its 50th anniversary.
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/