---- Jenny Brandis <je...@brandis.com.au> wrote:
we got on the discussion of tensioning in torchon (what we all make) and it was
mentioned that 2 of us tension at a pin and a third tensions as she goes (on
the fly). The remaining 2 very wisely gave no
opionion -----

I don't believe there is one "right" way.  I tension at the pin in torchon.
There is so little opportunity to tension anywhere else in torchon, other than
in the middle of CTC or CT patches.  IMO, tensioning "on the fly" takes more
time, takes more effort, and accomplishes nothing.  When I work a lace that
needs tensioning without a pin, *then* I tension where it's needed.  Why make
extra work just for the sake of extra work?

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com