Hi Sue,

To answer your colour question;- I do not like working in black, but when I do I use soft light green card. If I need to put film over it I use clear matt film (from any good stationers).

Happy lace making,

Joepie, East Sussex where it is raining (badly needed for the gardens;- less time watering plants=more time for lace)

What colour card or paper pricking do various people, including David, use
when working with black thread?  I want to try my hand at a small piece of
bucks style lace in black rather than my usual white or ecru.  Obviously
choosing the right colour first might mean the difference between success and failure. I do use a good lamp when I work, but I guess black lines on white
paper might not be the best choice!

Sue T
Dorset UK
www.hurwitzend.co.uk