I'm inclined to agree with Sue... I think they probably represent a bit of gimp run through to add depth.

And I also want to see your progress!!

Clay

On 6/13/2011 10:51 AM, Sue Babbs wrote:
Yes, I'd wondered what I'd do there, and concluded gimp. I hadn't thought of raised tallies, but as the pattern is open to interpretation I guess it would be good to see the lines done in all sorts of ways.

The petals might look a bit blank, if you leave you the radial lines. You could try photocopying and white-ing them out of the design and then photocopying again so that you didn't see the white-out. This would give you a bit of a feel for what it would be like without them.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! it will be ages before I get round to tackling this piece, as I'm determined to deal with some other projects before starting anything new!

Sue

sueba...@comcast.net