I have recently bought a number of out of print Lace books through the Lace Guild in the UK, they have second hand books with a catalogue online (ie you can download it from their web page). The prices including postage to Australia was quite reasonable and the service was super excellent. Also I have bought other second hand books from the NSW Branch of the Australian Lace Guild (they run a trading table at Lace days where members recycle their lace equipment and books) and a few books from the estates of deceased lacemakers whose families sell the books through the group to which the lacemaker belonged.

I have also found the odd lace book in second hand book shops. I must admit that I never go past a second hand book shop without going in.

All of these second hand books have been in excellent condition in some cases I doubt if they were ever used.

Why don't you try your local lacemakers groups and IOLI to see if they sell second hand books.

Anna in Sydney where the sun is now shining