Bev, thank you so much.  You have added quite a bit to the discussion,
actually.  My mother was a stenographer, and typed so fast.  Like everyone, I
took typing in 7th grade (age 11-12) and I was hopeless.  Mistakes, slow.  But
I had to type papers, and so I persevered.  Then came email, and I did a lot of
emailing.  All of a sudden things were going really fast.  So if I practice my
lacemaking as much as I practiced my keyboarding when I emailed, I'll increase
speed.  I understand the concept very well, and I am much encouraged.  lrb