From: Jean Nathan
<j...@nathan54.freeserve.co.uk>
To: Lace <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Wed, June
22, 2011 5:02:40 AM
Subject: [lace] yardage - speed

I'm bemused as to why
anyone would be concerned with making lace as fast as
possible, unless you
have a deadline for a gift or an event such as a wedding or
display/competition. It certainly can't be with an aim to sell the lace
because you could never make it fast enough to make a living.

I take pleasure
in the process of making lace, reverse lacing where necessary to
correct
mistakes and learn how to correct what I did wrong. I may or may not be
pleased with the finished item, but I'm not particularly interested in that.
It's the process and mastering techniques (or not) that I find fascinating -
there are so many that I don't think anyone could master them all. David, with
al of his experience, has provided a good example here in deciding what to do
about the poppies in the piece he's currently working - gimps? twists?
tallies?

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK
-
To unsubscribe send email to