Hi Laura

> 1: A friend has been given some
> Pearsalls Mallard floss.  it feels silky, but we
> are not sure if it is silk.
> I can work out the wpcm,  but any info would be
> appreciated.
I'm pretty sure that Pearsall's floss will be real silk.

> 2: I have a
> scarf pattern using pagoda silk thread.  Although I visited the
> supplied web
> site given as stockist for the silk, I (a) cannot translate to
> English and
> (b) was not able to find anything resembling silk thread.  I would
> be
> interested in either a stockist for this thread or a suitable substitute.
Would you post the URL for that website please.

I have just a day or so ago received a sample of silk "from someone in
Switzerland who had obtained it from Burkhard"
I'm still awaiting a scan of the label but I suspect that it *might* be Pagoda
silk thread.  I believe that Pagoda is a knitting yarn.  The sample I have is a
9 ply 'floss-type' of thread which I measured to 14 wraps/cm

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk