Dear Sue et al,
I agree, and find sense with what you say, except for white wedding dresses.
It is my understanding that white wedding dresses only came into vogue when
Queen Victoria wore white to her wedding.  Before that, I believe they were
many different colors.  They were your best dress for several years thereafter,
and made to be worn in that way.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where the weather is still summer, but it's
getting a bit hotter and more humid than perfect.  And it's supposed to get
more so tomorrow.  Air conditioning is a good thing.